Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stevie Joe's January Holler Update

A deep freeze has gripped Junebug Holler. This means that Junior and most of the other nuts have confined their activities to the indoors.  The rest of us have enjoyed the quiet.  The Junebug Cafe and Internet Lounge is another matter.

The locals still gather every morning at Prudy's to discuss the news of the day.  Of course, there has been much gnashing of teeth over the collapse of the mortgage, finance, and job markets.  Now, I'm pretty sure that most of the loudest complainers have no mortgage, no investments, and no job.  That won't stop the bitching, though.

I've been holding my own thoughts on the economy in reserve.  My predictions are rather dire, and they might just push the gang right over the edge.  I'll compose them for posting on this here blog, and you folks can read them in a day or two.  A few of the local residents can read and will eventually find out, but they are the ones less likely to cause a panic.

I'm off to church shortly so I have to go.  More Holler news coming soon!

Adios,
Stevie Joe Parker

No comments: