Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stevie Joe Starts to Worry

This is getting serious. This morning, I stopped by the Junebug Cafe and Internet Lounge. Like every other day, Prudy came over with a cup of coffee, and I said, "Morning, Prudy!"

She looked up at me and said in a deadpan fashion, "I ain't Prudy, I'm her twin sister Trudy." To her credit, she was not wearing a fake Freud goatee.

"Her sister, eh? Well, where is Prudy then?" I asked.

"Visiting her sick mother," she replied.

"She's your momma, too."

"I just got back from a visit. Say, you gonna keep up with the inquisition, or do you wanna order something?" I think she was starting to get a little PO'd. Of course, Prudy is always getting PO'd at me so that was nothing new.

Over my Denver omelet and hash browns, I attempted to wrap my brain around this sudden explosion of identical twins. Being a super genius and all, I should be able to figure it out, but I was coming up empty. The whole place is going Invasion of the Body Snatchers on me.

Keep an eye out for pods,
Stevie Joe Parker

No comments: