Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stevie Joe Responds to the Skeptic

Late last night, Mrs. Stevie Joe read the blog. This morning, she called me an idiot. I tried to explain that she just didn't understand, but she would not back off of her assessment. For additional evidence of my alleged idiocy, she brought up the time I burnt up the Dodge Coronet.

Now, the "Coronet Incident" was the result of my own dedication to scientific inquiry. I had just seen an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard where the Duke boys convert the General Lee to run on grain alcohol. Seeing the possibility of weaning our country from foreign oil, I decided to attempt a similar conversion on the Dodge Coronet. This was purely in our national interest. Anyway, it didn't work. If you had seen the Dodge Coronet before the fire, you'd see that it was no great loss (although it was my only transportation at the time). Yet, Mrs. Stevie Joe will not let it go.

Mrs. Stevie Joe is no fan of the Scientific Method. Despite years of witnessing the results of her refusal to rinse off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher (yes, there is an automatic dishwasher right here in Junebug Holler), she continues the practice. She argues that A) it's the dishwasher's job to do the rinsing; and B) leaving the food on the plate is good since it gives the soap something to grab on to.

Despite this obvious failure to grasp the basic concepts of reason, Mrs. Stevie Joe feels it necessary to judge my intelligence and declare me an "idiot." I leave it to you to decide for yourself.

Not an idiot,
Stevie Joe Parker

No comments: