Monday, May 14, 2007

Stevie Joe Tries to Explain Second Life to the Junebug Gang

This morning down at the Junebug Cafe and Internet Lounge, Juanita asked me about Second Life. Apparently, someone has been reading the blog. Juanita wanted to me to explain it to her because, according to her, my explanation here on the Stevie Joe Parker's Guide to Life didn't make any sense.

Before I could begin, Dickie Jensen interrupted and wanted to know if there were any illegal immigrants in Second Life and, if so, could we kick them out. I wasn't sure how to answer that one, and I don't know there is any way to explain anything about Second Life to Dickie without him getting more confused.

However, in the interest in expanding our knowledge of the world in general and that of Second Life in particular, I found these interesting statistics about the residents there:
  • 29.49% of residents live in the US of A
  • 10.37% are German
  • 7.76% are French
  • 6.25% are from the UK
  • 5.86% are from Brazil
  • 4.97% are from Italy
  • Skipping down the list a bit, 1.31% are Chinese
  • The average age is 30
  • 12.06% are over the age of 45
  • 56.97% are men
  • One year ago, 51.17% were women
  • There are 6.24 million current residents
Full of useful information,
Stevie Joe Parker

2 comments:

Moggy said...

I was as confused as Dickie Jensen because I thought you were talking about the afterlife and I wondered where you got all the stats of what percentage of people would be there.

Stevie Joe Parker said...

Dang it, Moggy. It's Second Life, not afterlife. If I knew the afterlife statistics, I'd find a way to make some dough from it.

--SJP