Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stevie Joe, the Zero Point Field, and Buddhists

After I finally wrote about showing the Face of God to Science, I received a comment from Valerie. She said, "The Zero Point Field sounds a lot like Buddhist philosophy to me. Buddhism is non-theistic - no God."

This is true and quite observant. The idea that we are all simply parts of the whole sure sounds Buddhist to me. However, while Buddhism might be non-theistic, it is spiritual. Buddhists might not use the word "God", but the concept is the same.

Faiths often differ quite a bit in language, dogma, and church hierarchy. These are the trappings of religion but not spirituality. Faiths share much spiritually. There is a saying about Catholics and Buddhists. The priests of each faith might disagree about many things, but the monks of each faith will embrace the other. Whatever label you put on the spiritual nature of the Zero Point Field, the concept should resonate across all faiths.

Did you hear the joke about the Dalai Lama:

Q: What did the Dalai Lama say to the hot dog vendor?
A: Make me one with everything.

Junior didn't get it.

Just call me "Bubba Buddha,"
Stevie Joe Parker

No comments: